Mailonline, August 17, 2017:
Two police officers have been run over at a roadblock in Barcelona just hours after a terror attack left at least 13 people dead.
A white Ford Focus broke through the roadblock, set up at entrances and exits to the city, and collided with officers and left them injured.
Police said shots were fired between occupants of the car and officers.
The driver was later shot dead in a shootout with the police in Sant Just Desvern, on the outskirts of the city, local media said.
Just hours before, at least 13 people were killed and more than 80 injured after a van ploughed into pedestrians in the busy tourist street.
ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack. Terror police are also reported to have arrested two suspects.
Police launched ‘Operation Cage’ to capture those responsible for the attack and also denied early reports that hostages were being held in a bar in the city.
El Pais reported detained suspect Driss Oukabir is a Moroccan citizen, born in Aghbala, 180 miles south east of the capital Rabat, and is a resident in Spain.
He has previously spent time in prison in Figueres, 85 miles north east of Barcelona, being released in 2012, the newspaper said.
He arrived again from Morocco on Sunday, anti-terrorist sources told the newspaper, having previously been in Madrid earlier in the year.
However, TVE1 reported that Oukabir is from Marseilles, France, and lives in Ripoll in Girona, north of Barcelona, citing a Facebook page….